The Iraqi Kurdistan office of the University of Göttingen, located at the building of Kurdistan Institution for Strategic Studies and Scientific Research, was established in the end of 2015, with the present of the Excellency Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Dr. Yousf Goran, The Director of the International Office, University of Göttingen Dr. Uwe Muuss and the President of KISSR Prof. Dr. Polla Khanaqa, escort with the delegations from University of Göttingen and Kurdish Universities. This office was founded as a continuation of a strong background of scientific cooperation between the Kurdistan region with Germany. During the past years several projects like Kurd-DAAD, TIGRS, fourteen Ph.D. in the field of cancer research rather than, teens of Ph.D. and M.Sc. student, several activities and programs were established between Kurdistan and Germany. In this manner, Information Office on the University of Göttingen – Iraq serves as a contact point for the academic exchange activities and cooperation with other Kurdish and Iraqi universities, institutes, research centers, governmental and private sectors and to provide instructions and help for Iraqi and Kurdish student who want to study, conduct a training course or any scientific cooperation’s. Information Office on the University of Göttingen – Iraq serves as a local focal point for providing updated information about opportunities such as Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D study, research conferences, workshops, relationships with delegates and alumni are maintained so that information and experience can be exchanged to enhance academic collaborations at the UGOE to the Iraqi and Kurdish scientists and student.
Information Office on the University of Göttingen – Iraq mission is to give help and support in creating and providing academic exchange activities and cooperation between Kurdish and Iraqi Universities, institutes, research centers, and scientific organizations with University of Göttingen, for establishing excellent academic cooperation’s and to promote study and research at the highest level.
To build an excellent academic bridge between Kurdish and Iraqi Universities, institutes, research centers, and scientific organizations with University of Göttingen, and other European universities.
Summary of Achievements1. Conducting and observing two Ph.D. candidate online examinations successful in KRI-Göttingen University office-Iraq, who apply for a split-cite Ph.D. Project between the University of Göttingen and the University of Sulaimani, and one of the candidates pass the exam and been accepted.
2. Information Office on the University of Göttingen – Iraq actively participate in all the academic and scientific events that held in Kurdistan region and Europe, from which participation in TIGRS meetings in (Sulaimani, Erbil, Raparin, and Chamchamall) in Kurdistan region, and in (Göttingen Germany, Groningen Netherlands, and Leuven Belgium) in Europe.
3. Participation in TIGRS Project.
4. Participation in the meetings with the Ministry of health and Hewa hospital representatives, regarding 14 Ph.D. students in cancer research between Kurdistan and Germany.
5. Active participation in German Kurdish University, preparation committee.
6. Participation as a member in the Cancer research board.
7. Participation in the arranging international conference in Greece, for six international universities.
8. Coordinate M.Sc. defense online with Adobe connect for a student of Göttingen University in Kurdistan.
9. Promoting study and research at the University of Göttingen.
10. Providing accommodations for trainers from Kurdistan in Göttingen.
11. Participation in the workshop for creating of Kurdistan astronomic telescope (Sulaimani eye).
12. Participation in the event for establishing the Geopark at KISSR with the presence of his Excellency Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Dr. Yousf Goran.
Key Staff Members
- Dr Zana Jamal Kareem
- Shoxan Ibrahim